Your accounts receivable cover letter introduces you to the person doing the hiring and in about 30 seconds they would have most probably decided to read your resume or not.
That's why making the right first impression with a well-written and convincing cover letter is essential to a successful job search.
Use this sample cover letter to create your own cover letter that outshines the competition and gets you the accounts receivable job interview.
Take your job application to the next level.
Accounts Receivable Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
12 Industry Plaza
New York, NY 10021
Dear Mrs Field
In response to the job posting on XYZ website, please consider my resume in your search for an Accounts Receivable Specialist. I am confident that my solid experience in a similar accounting environment makes me the right person for this opportunity.
Please allow me to demonstrate my key skills as they relate to your job requirements.
- Responsible for managing accounts for over 600 commercial customers in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Superior organizational skills and excellent attention to detail ensure a streamlined billing system and efficient collection process.
- Demonstrated capability to handle complex invoicing systems, to prioritize, escalate and follow up effectively.
- Proven success in resolving billing issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Well developed customer communication and negotiation skills.
- Able to work independently and to partner productively with co-workers to create a strong team environment.
- Sound experience in MS Office, Excel and Oracle.
I enjoy a reputation as a hard-working and conscientious employee. I am eager to make a positive contribution to your organization and I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an interview.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Always include a cover letter with your accounts receivable resume and job application.
This detailed accounts receivable job description will help you to write an informative and relevant cover letter.
When writing your cover letter it is essential to carefully study the job posting and to customize your cover letter to the stated key job requirements.
A generic cover letter is quickly recognizable and will most likely sabotage your application. These resources will help you to create a unique cover letter.
Accounts Receivable Cover Letters
Accounting Clerk Cover Letter
Accounts Receivable Cover Letter Tips
Accounts Payable Cover Letter
List of Strengths
Accounts Receivable Resumes
Accounts Receivable Sample Resume
Accounts Payable Resume
Accounting Clerk Resume
Accounts Receivable Interviews
Accounting Job Interview Questions
Clerical Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Accounts Receivable
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page
Accounts Receivable Clerk Cover Letter
An Accounts Receivable Clerk works with the money that comes into a company, billing and processing invoices. Some primary responsibilities associated with this position include printing monthly statements, sending out invoices, handling customer calls regarding their accounts receivable status, and processing credit cards.
Based on our review of successful Accounts Receivable Clerk Cover Letters, strong candidates demonstrate the following skills and attributes in their cover letters:
- Bookkeeping and accounting skills
- Strong math skills
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of relevant software
- Effective communication
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
- Data entry skills
Scroll down to see an example cover letter highlighting comparable Accounts Receivable abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Accounts Receivable Clerk Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Rutherford:
When I read your posting for an Accounts Receivable Clerk, I was excited to submit my resume for your review. With four years of experience in accounts receivable and collections—along with my proven skills in time management, communication, and customer service—I feel confident that I would significantly benefit Creative Customs in this role.
My background includes experience sending customer invoices, processing payments, identifying past-due accounts, and resolving general billing issues and concerns while ensuring a superior level of customer service. With a strong foundation in customer account review and collection, my problem-solving and interpersonal talents will enable me to excel as your next Accounts Receivable Clerk.
Highlights of my background include:
- Ensuring billing operational efficiency and accuracy as a Accounts Receivable Clerk for SharpPoint Services, skillfully analyzing and handling invoices, payments, and financial records while responding to and quickly resolving customer billing inquiries.
- Managing accounts Receivable for over 60 client accounts, monitoring for non- payment and delayed payment.
- Performing follow up calls on past due accounts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintained meticulous accounts receivable customer files.
With my solid experience in accounts receivable and collections, coupled with keen financial acumen and dedication to quality customer service, I am confident that I could quickly exceed your expectations in this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Angela S. Cox