Parents of ApplicantsNow that your son or daughter has submitted their application for undergraduate admissions there are a few more items they'll need to submit before we can evaluate their application. This list gives you details about the process so that you can be aware of what your student is working on to complete their application and so you can encourage them along the way.
1. Application Deadlines and OptionsTo better assist your student, you should know which application your student submitted and be aware of our deadlines. We accept Baylor's online application through the goBAYLOR account as well as the ApplyTexas and Common applications. Our two admissions deadlines are November 1 and February 1. Within our November 1 deadline we have two admission plans - Early Action and Single Choice Early Action. To learn more about the different application types and deadlines visit our explanation of the different applications.
2. Key DocumentsRegardless of which application form your student used when applying, they must create a goBAYLOR account to track their application status. If they submitted Baylor's online application then they've already created a goBAYLOR account, but if they submitted the ApplyTexas or Common Application they'll need to create an account. The following are the items required of all applicants, but additional items might be required from your student based on their individual circumstances, which is why the goBAYLOR account is so important. Key documents must be postmarked by the application deadline. See our Key Documents Chart as well as our freshman admissions website for further details concerning these required items. The key documents required of all applicants are:
- An official high school transcript
- Official ACT or SAT scores
3. Recommended ItemsIn addition to the required key documents students may choose to submit a number of recommended items via their goBAYLOR account. They will not be able to access these items until they have submitted the online application. The recommended items include:
- Resume: Students will be able to upload a resume to their application. This will allow your student to share their extra-curricular activities and accomplishments so we can get to know them better.
- Letters of Recommendation: Students will be able to give us the names and email addresses of two recommenders and we will send them an electronic recommendation form to submit on your student's behalf. If your student already has letters of recommendation that have been written, they can submit those electronically or by mail instead of using the electronic form.
- Short Answer Response: Students can answer a short answer prompt found on their goBAYLOR account. The response we ask for really is short - only about 750 words. The question we ask is: What are you looking for in a university, why do you want to attend Baylor, and how do you see yourself contributing to the Baylor community? (please note: Single Choice Early Action applicants are required to submit the short answer response).
4. Your Student's Admissions CounselorAt Baylor, our admissions counselors are divided into geographic territories so we have an admissions counselor specifically assigned to your student's school. To find out who your student's admissions counselor is, visit our Meet Your Counselor webpage. You can email your student's admissions counselor or contact them by phone at (254) 710-3435 with any questions.
5. Visit CampusIf you and your student have not had a chance to visit campus, we would love to host you. For a list of upcoming campus visit opportunities visit baylor.edu/visit.
STEP 1: CHOOSE YOUR APPLICATION DEADLINE
- Single Choice Early Action (non-binding; for students who rank Baylor as their first choice institution; receive a decision by December 1)
- Early Action (non-binding; receive a decision by January 15)
- Priority Review (non-binding; receive a decision by February 23)
Extended to February 8 (application) and February 15 (required documents)
- Regular Admission (non-binding; receive a decision by April 10)
STEP 2: CHOOSE YOUR APPLICATION METHOD
Regardless of your application choice, you must create a goBAYLOR account to track your application status. This is where we will communicate what is needed to complete your application file and additional enrollment steps for accepted students.
STEP 3: REVIEW THE APPLICATION CHECKLIST
Your goBAYLOR account will show you exactly what items we have received and what is needed to complete your file by the deadline.
1. Completed Application for Admission
2. High School Transcript
Send your transcript from your high school in a sealed and signed envelope. It should include your class rank and grades through the end of your junior year. If your school does not rank, please submit a school profile or letter from an administrator that says so. Electronic copies are only accepted from these secure sources: Parchment, Naviance or TRex.
3. Test Scores
We accept SAT or ACT scores in these ways:
You may self-report your best test scores on your application for admission. We will use these scores when we review your file, so please make sure they are accurate and correct - entering false information, even by accident, could disqualify your application. If accepted, you will need to have the testing agency send your official scores to our office by May 1.
SUBMITTED FROM THE TESTING AGENCY
We must receive your scores from the testing agency by the application deadline. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.
PRO TIP: Send us all your test scores. We will combine your highest section scores from all test dates and review your best total score with your application.
4. Other Requirements
Other steps might be required based on your individual circumstances. Check your goBAYLOR account to see if you need to submit any of these items. Some of the most common extra requirements include:
Early graduation - If you plan to graduate from high school in less than four academic years, please have your counselor submit documentation of this decision to Baylor.
College transcripts - If you’ve taken college courses as dual credit, please submit an official transcript from each college you’ve attended.
5. Recommended Items
These items allow us to get to know you better and can enhance your application file. Submit them through your goBAYLOR account after completing your application for admission.
- Résumé or ZeeMee Profile
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Short Answer Response (required for Single Choice Early Action applicants)
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS
Please mail all application materials to:
One Bear Place #97056
Waco, TX 76798-0756
You may send materials separately, but clearly indicate your full name and date of birth on each item to help us match it to your application file. Submit documentation of this decision to Baylor.